Author Topic: Memorial Day - from facebook post and album  (Read 3281 times)

rvolkers

• AKA - "THE GRUMPY FISHERMAN"
    • View Profile
Memorial Day - from facebook post and album
« on: May 29, 2013, 08:55:39 PM »
well as the (WHISPERWOOD FB page) album will show we caught some Dandy fish!

Day 1 Friday 24th ;)
arrived for breakfast and hit the water - JUST one of the best days we ever had on the lake CALM like glass - sprinkles and over cast! caught large mouth - small mouth and a couple of trout! Andrew caught another BIG girl that day 6.5 BUT rain and camera problems kept the picture from coming out (and i am not lying (LOL)) - by 4pm the beautiful day turned ugly temp went from 64 to 46 in a matter of seconds and THEN came the rains!

Day 2 Saturday 25th :P
after listening to HEAVY RAIN and HOWLING WINDS all night we awake to temps with the wind chill of around 31 degrees steady winds at 35 MPH with gusts at around 45 and HEAVY RAIN and SLEET! -- NO FISHING TODAY!!! and CERTAINLY NO PLACE TO BE for a fair weather fisherman! (LOL)

Day 3 Sunday 26th :D
another banner day on the lake i started at 5 am and hit some BIG fish after breakfast Andrew and i fished all day and after dinner into the night! -- was a great day with at least 50 to 60 fish caught!

Day 4 Mon  8)
slept in and then went fishing with MIKE G! for the PIKE had a great day! the fishing was slow BUT THE GOOD COMPANY MADE UP FOR IT! - after dinner we went back out and fished well into the night - we found a lot of may fly hatches and threw TINY poppers in to the middle FISHED them very slow with NO POP! the object to mimic small bait fish sucking in flys and where they are doing that - the big ones are below them ready to suck them in!

IT WORKED we had a great night of top water (BUT ONLY where there were may flies)! - and it wouldn't be a Memorial Day trip with out some BIG OLE CRAPPIES my best 15.5 inches andrew a 15 incher FUN - FUN - FUN!

was a great trip as always great food - great fishing and weather conditions that test your skills AND OUR HOSTS SIMPLY OUT STANDING

i always LOVE A LOST DAY due to weather -- SATURDAY hanging with the weather was the best - the wild NORTH COUNTRY at its best!!! ;)

FISH CAUGHT
smallmouth
largemouth
yellow perch
white perch
trout
crappie
and a whole bunch of Pickerel!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:00:58 PM by rvolkers »

Mike - Whisperwood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Day - from facebook post and album
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 05:51:54 AM »
Russ, just wouldn't be the same without your May wintry conditions and all bundled up in your snow suit.  You get to test ALL your fishing skills in Maine.

rvolkers

• AKA - "THE GRUMPY FISHERMAN"
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Day - from facebook post and album
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 07:49:03 PM »
YUUUP!